
As the end of summer approaches, signs of the fall are slowly developing. I noticed quite a few trees that already has their leaves changes red while others are starting to shed. This is another season added to my time being here in DC. Living here so far was quite interesting I must say.
On Monday I finally get to start school full time. I’m going to take four classes and I had to demote myself at work so my move here won’t defeat my purpose of being here to begin with. I don’t need anymore distractions and work was consuming too much time from me and I gave too much but it wasn’t quite giving me what I needed besides some vacation hours and a ton of stress.
After the endless stress of being an adult and figuring things out, I finally got a chance to take a vacation this month. After missing California for a long time, I finally had an opportunity to go there. I was astonished of how nearly everything had changed since the last time I took a breath there. From faces to personalities. All of it! Different! Even the weather... Different! Yet again, I probably have gotten so used to living in DC that I probably found California alien. Which is exactly how I felt of this god forsaken place called The District of Columbia at first.
Despite the fact that I had an amazing time with them all, I was reminded of why I don’t live there anymore. People always asked me during my stay: “why don’t you just stay here?” or “why did you have to move so far? You can always do school here! It’s all the same!” At the time I didn’t quite know how to respond to that. I know I feel very at home in Southern California and I know that I have a lot of support there as well but I just believe that its not a good environment for me to build my intellectual skills. For some reason, I feel like its a beautiful hole that for some reason won’t let you progress. (kinda like a girlfriend) I really needed a drastic change in my life and its understandable why people sometimes need to see “what’s out there”.
After my vacation, I had a few extra days off between work and it has left me really good time to contemplate and relax and get healthy again before my new semester starts. I don’t feel the need to rush into becoming something that can always be achieved later in life. I want to live the day for what it is today, not by what it was yesterday or be anxious about tomorrow. Yes, I always want to keep all my precious memories form the past and learn from all my bad ones. As for my future, I have goals but I also have lots of patience.
It feels really good to not worry so much. For all of you who’s out there reading this, I a few pieces of advise... BE SPONTANEOUS! Don’t worry too much! Get out there and do the best you can! Do good things for people! Try new things! And last but not least, see where life takes you.

No comments:
Post a Comment